Middle School Science
Science and Engineering Practices:
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
- 6th grade students attend a full week of Outdoor School each fall
- All middle school students participate in the annual Science/Engineering Fair.
- OMSI provides visiting labs and museum experiences for middle school classes.